Search This Blog

Saturday, January 4, 2014

More Shadow, Less Makeup

   On my Facebook, I was requested to do a look that used "less makeup while making detailed eye shadowing effects" by my friend, Thomas Mikkelsen, and today I tried that out! 

   The eyeshadow product that was my main focus today was the "Bring Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio" by POP Beauty (I got this in my $10/month Ipsy bag!). It features three "Naturally Bare" colors: a shimmery neutral, a light brown, and a dark brown as well. I also used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation, the Exact Eyelights Mascara ("Black Gold" for hazel eyes), and "Buck" from the Naked 1 Palette.



Swatches Shown Above.

   Prep your eyes by applying foundation (MAC) to cover the redness or veins on your lids, and fill in your brows lightly ("Buck"). First, put the shimmery neutral color all over your top lid. Then, put the light brown in your crease, focusing the pigment on the outer half of the crease and lid. This will create the shadow that you are looking for, even with minimal color applied. Next, use the dark brown in place of your eyeliner, and draw a line like you usually would. Here, you will create an outline for the white area of your eye. Finally, swipe a coat of your fav mascara to the upper lashes only. By doing this, your eyes will look much brighter, without having to use a ton of makeup! Now, that's an easy "Natural Smokey Eye" that you can brag about!!





Products:




2 comments: