Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

Madre Challenge

   As I was sitting in my room like all teenagers do, a pinterest notification popped up on my phone. I, being the pinterest lover that I am, clicked on it immediately to see what the little red 1 on my pinterest app was all about. It was a pin that my mom (also a pinterester) sent me, challenging me to do this glamorous makeup look!

Here is the original pin VS mine:


Six-step tutorial:
1. Crease: Use a bronzer as your eyeshadow- Pixi Beauty Bronzer "Subtly Suntouched"
2. Crease and outer V: Dark brown- Urban Decay Naked "Darkhorse" 
3. Lid: Silver glitter- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner "Distorted"
4. Liquid/Gel Eyeliner on upper lid: Smashbox Jetset Eyeliner
5. Fake eyelashes: Ardell Natural Lashes "120 Demi Black"
6. Black eyeliner on bottom lid: Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner "LWL-01 Deepest Black"

Final look:


Minus the lipstick
Straight on with Lipstick
(
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Dragon Girl")


"A smile is the best makeup a girl could wear"-Anonymous :)

  I know that the two looks are not exactly alike, but I tried to do it to the best of my abilities. For me, I very much enjoy doing these requests and challenges because it helps me to learn to meet the needs of others (or clients if I ever become a makeup artist), and it gives me something fun to work on! Please let me know if there are any other looks that you want me to do because I will definitely do them when I have the time. It's always a pleasure!! 

Oh, p.s. I will try to stay on track with my posts, but I will be very busy within the next week working on my 1000 word research paper due next Friday! Please bear with me!

2 comments:

  1. Omg that is such a pretty look! It really suits you!

    xx
    Luxe

    http://luxederouge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate the feedback!

      Delete